Old December 6th 17, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On 12/6/2017 12:58 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 11:58:53 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/6/2017 9:46 AM, sms wrote:
I'm sure we'd all run out and buy a
dynamo light if it was possible to build one that was adequate for the
riding conditions we experience. Unfortunately it isn't yet possible to
build such a dynamo light.

So how do you explain the several people here who have ridden
successfully with only dynamo lights for decades?

Excellent night vision? Brightly lit streets? Full moon? I need all the light that I can get when riding the gnarly single-track on my way home, being chased by cougars. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jgFVixm_e1c/hqdefault.jpg

-- Jay Beattie.

For seeing add: familiar roads, slower speeds
For being seen add: A large amount of luck, better drivers

Also remember that many of the people posting the virtues of dynamo
lights live outside the U.S., many in places with far better bicycle
infrastructure and more enforcement of traffic lights. Some live in
countries where high-quality bicycle lighting, with proper optics, is
illegal.