Old December 6th 17, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 3:20:50 PM UTC-6, sms wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 11:58:53 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
So how do you explain the several people here who have ridden
successfully with only dynamo lights for decades?

Also remember that many of the people posting the virtues of dynamo
lights live outside the U.S., many in places with far better bicycle
infrastructure and more enforcement of traffic lights. Some live in
countries where high-quality bicycle lighting, with proper optics, is
illegal.

I live in the USA. Not too far from the middle of the contiguous portion. I rode OK with a dynamo and two halogen bulbs for several years. Rode PBP in 2007 with that setup. PBP is in France. It was very RAINY during the night on that PBP. Somehow I made it OK. Then I got modern and put two LED lights on the bike. WooHoo. It was an improvement over halogen bulbs. Wasn't night and day improvement though.