Old January 7th 18, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Anyone wear a helmet or elbow pads 4 black ice conditions?

Sir Ridesalot writes:

Just wondering if when it's known that there can be black ice on the
roads if anyone here wears a helmet or other protection (such as elbow
pads) that they'd not normally wear when the roads are clear. Do you?

I just slow down and watch more carefully than usual. I'm not sure how
covert ice has to be to be called "black", but find that ice along the
verge is usually visible, if only because the usual asphalt roughness is
gone. In the dark, of course, one can be surprised.