Old July 1st 08, 03:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Grange

Default Street Machine - a Cautionary Tale

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:28:36 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Peter Clinch, Medical Physics IT Officer, wrote:
Peter Grange wrote:
Like I said I'm sure he was doing his best. My point is that if the
bike has components that can be identified it gets fixed quicker.

Fair enough, but if he thinks all 559 disc wheels have 36 spokes then
that shows you that his best isn't necessarily something that lets us
pour blame purely on HPVel...

Here in the "colonies", [1] mountain bikes with 32-spoke disc brake
wheels are quite common.

Perhaps the USA is what HP consider their main market to be, so the
bike is kitted out for what is common over there. A quick, not
statistically valid, search on google.fr does suggest that hubs are
available in France with 32 or 36 options though. Of course what's
available on google is a bit different from what's available in rural
France.

Pete