Old April 15th 09, 11:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default You'd never buy a bike and ride it in traffic

On Apr 15, 5:23*pm, wrote:
I'm going to be driving my '87 Mercedes-Benz 420SEL forever.

I don't drive too much, and I spend only about $20 per week on gas for
the M-B. *At that rate, it would take me about 3 lifetimes to save
enough on gas to justify the purchase of an econobox.

The Mercedes is an extremely high-quality piece; is SO comfortable and
safe, and I can do all my own work on it.

I simply fail to understand why anybody would buy one of those little
****boxes.

retro

Well, it's like that... CHOICES, CHOICES, CHOICES.

Small cars are also fun to drive if equipped with stick shift, and the
Smart is cute. Even in the bicycle world you can have 16" foldables
and 29" big wheels, and they are both nice. I know because I own them.

A Mercedes is a very nice car but they also make them real small in
Europe. Only America is denied that pleasure...

Why the Insurance Industry doesn't impose a penalty on those cars that
can cause the most damage?