Old December 12th 18, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

Default SKS RENNKOMPRESSOR: A superior, recommended floor pump

On 12/12/2018 9:57 a.m., AMuzi wrote:
On 12/12/2018 8:25 AM, Duane wrote:
On 12/12/2018 8:52 a.m., AMuzi wrote:
On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 7:39:38 PM UTC-5,
On 2018-12-07, Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

The HP was fantastic too. I had one that I salvaged
after it was
run over by a car. I drove a dowel the same diameter as
the bore of
the pump down the inside of the pump and then
reinstalled the pump
handle (after removing the dowel of course) and that
pump worked
for many years after.

I'm surprised that method worked!ÂÂ* Neat.

--
Gregory S.
Sutter                         Â

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/

Yeah it worked. All I had to do was chamfer one end of
the dowel before inserting it into the pump body. Then it
was a simple matter of tapping the dowel down the pump
body a bit, pull the dowel back until loose again and
repeat until the entire pump body was restored. I took
that pump backÂÂ* to the bike shop where they had given it
to me after the customer left it there. I showed them the
pump and demonstrated that it worked. they said it's be a
great ad for Zefal HP pumps. I still have a Zefal HP that
I salvaged from another accident.

The only disadvantage, in a way, with Zefal HP pumps was
the need for an umbrella clip to hold one end of it.

Cheers

The later Zéfal nylon peg is very nice and doesn't rust.

The one that I had fit up against the top tube and along the
down tube. The spring of the pump held it in place.Â* There
was a fitting on the head that kept it stable.Â* Upside is
that it worked well and was easily accessible to fend off
dogs.Â* Downside is when geometries started changing it no
longer fit.

Right, HP has a flat-top handle, the HPX is framefit but 'framefit'
doesn't fly with carbon frames.

Exactly.