Old June 13th 08, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

Default trek or avalanche

On 13 Jun, 07:23, "mart99" wrote:
hello all
i am looking to change my rather tired old mountain bike, and so far have
seen an avalanche 2 for £385 and a trek6000 for £499 in the local bike
shops. Both these look fine to me but i was wondering what more experienced
heads on here might think.Is there £100 worth of difference in the two?

usually only do 20-25 miles per week of mixed on and off road,though hold
ambition to do c to c one day

any help or opinions much appreciated

thanks

Just looking at the specs I can't see £100 worth of difference
either. My other half has an Avalanche 1.0 (which I guess is pretty
similar to the 2.0 but with slightly posher bits on) and it is a
brilliant bike. It has that "just feels right" factor. However, as
you've seen them both in local shops I suggest you arrange a decent
test ride on each before making up your mind, you might well find the
Trek fits or suits you better.