Old April 16th 18, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default today's ride

On 4/16/2018 2:01 PM, jbeattie wrote:
Rain and even light snow is no big deal if you're dressed right.

I guess I've never figured out how to dress right.

I took a short ride yesterday to burn off IRS frustration. About 8 miles
from home the rain hit. Rain cape and street clothes worked poorly,
partly because I forgot my mudflap. But at least my frustration had a
target other than the IRS.

I did a day-long ride in near freezing rain with snow at the top of a climb (Larch Mountain). Climbing was easy because I was generating heat, but the 14 mile descent about killed me. I was shivering so hard I could barely hold my bars. I tried to channel Andy Hampsten, but it didn't work. https://tinyurl.com/yd53bgul

Did you have goggles like his? It's all about the goggles.

--
- Frank Krygowski