Old August 20th 03, 03:35 AM
Rick Onanian

Default 4x4 choices for bikes and surf fishing... and family

On 19 Aug 2003 02:05:01 GMT, Dan J.S. wrote:
Outback simply SUCK for beach riding. I almost lost mine in Kauai. Yes, I
took the air down to 20psi and all that funky stuff. It doesn't have a
real
4x4 and only the wheel with least resistance spins. I know, I have a lot

I thought those fancy modern "All Wheel Drive" systems
are supposed to power the wheels that DO get traction.

I guess I'll stick with my old assumption, that AWD is
good for cars on less-than-perfect roads / weather, and
not much else. Maybe different AWD systems from different
manufacturers are better or worse.

--
Rick Onanian