Old January 17th 19, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default More Justice Department Hiding

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 6:56:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 8:47:57 AM UTC-8, wrote:

I hate to tell you moronic fool - I was a Bomb/Nav technician on B52's. I wasn't supposed to fly on them, but the
stateside bases would send the people they didn't like to Guam
and that meant that the good shop technicians would stay at home.

So that tells us two things about you - you weren't a good technician, and no one liked you. Sometimes things never change. FWIW - I've been to Guam. Not exactly a "hardship tour".

But be sure and tell us all about it from a complete position of ignorance you damn fool.

I know nothing about repairing B-52s, but that wasn't the point, which you've now evaded for the third time.

If there's one thing that's so delightful it's looking at the sort of lunatic crap you spout out of your mouth.

Like....the north vietnamese surrendered? _that_ kind of lunatic crap?

Tell me about these "jungle canopies" while you're stupid enough to say mountains in the same breath you damn fool.

Are you under the impression that there aren't jungles with mountains, or vice versa?

And for the third time now, are you going to tell us you could discern the condition of a road (dirt or not) under a jungle canopy from 5000 feet away?

Or better yet - tell us that B52's bombed from 30,000 ft.

from someone who was the

" The B-52s were restricted to bombing suspected Communist bases in relatively uninhabited sections, because their potency approached that of a tactical nuclear weapon. A formation of six B-52s, dropping their bombs from 30,000 feet, could "take out"... almost everything within a "box" approximately five-eighths mile wide by two miles long. - Neil Sheehan, war correspondent, writing before the mass attacks on heavily populated cities including North Vietnam's capital.

Then there's this, from "Fifty Shades of Friction Combat Climate, B-52 Crews, and the Vietnam War by Mark Clodfelter, Professor of Military Strategy, The National War College at the National Defense University - https://ndupress.ndu.edu/Portals/68/...asestudy-2.pdf :

"B-52s flew between 30,000 and 35,000 feet in three-ship “cells,” where the first bomber led the one behind it by 1 mile, and the third bomber was 1 mile behind the second aircraft (with 500- foot altitude variations among the three, and the second and third bombers offset to the right and left, respectively, of the lead). A formation of two cells could obliterate almost everything inside a rectangular area five-eighths of a mile wide by 2 miles long."

Apparently you're of the opinion that an electro-mechanical computer is of infinite accuracy.

Infinite? no.

We'd still love for you to regale us of how you could discern the condition of a road (dirt or not) under a jungle canopy from 5000 feet away.