Old May 15th 08, 12:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
espo711

Default Ksyrium SL with Ultegra 10 - need spacer?

I just picked up my new set of Ksyrium SL wheels (2008) and would like to
mount an Ultegra 10 speed 12-27 cassette on the hub. Shimano includes a 1
mm spacer, to be installed behind the cassette. The Mavic hub also includes
a spacer, which appears to be 2 or 3 mm (I have not measured yet). The
Mavic directions seem to indicate that the spacer may be for Shimano 8 or 9
speed installations, but the directions are poor to say the least.. So the
question is which is the correct spacer to use - the Shimano 1 mm, or the
larger Mavic one? Thanks for your help!

Sal