Old December 12th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tim McNamara

Default List Of Posters To Block On This Newsgroup?

In article ,
"Papa Tom" wrote:

Sorry. No idea what you're talking about. I guess you're using a reader
other than Outlook Express.

He's using slrn, as his post stated. slrn uses a scoring method that is
more flexible and adaptive than killfiles are. Scoring systems can
reduce trolls, spammers, OT subjects, etc.

I use MT-NewsWatcher and am not directly familiar with any Microsoft
products including Outlook Express. Good newsreaders will offer article
filtering based on a number of different headers, not just the From:
header. I don't know if OE offers this capability. Good newsreaders
can also filter by thread, ignoring entire threads if you so choose.

As far as your original question, I suspect that the answer is "no."
Everyone has a different definition of who is a kook and who is not, and
it's up to you to decide. I see very few messages in this newsgroup;
most of the idiocy is spawned by the posts of one attention seeking
dweeb. Some of his respondents are worth reading, though.

This might be helpful:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...ewsgroups.mspx

Other newsreaders can be found at:

http://www.newsreaders.com