Old December 27th 04, 11:22 PM
ChangingLINKS.com

goldenchicken wrote:
*I guess more training will help keeping me in the saddle but riding a
tight figure-eight on soft soil for two hours - that would kill me.*

Then do it in pieces. The point is to practice turning (tightly) in both
directions. You will get better at it quickly - and be able to notice
the difference along the way.

I learned about the rolling bounce "the hard way." I was riding down a
difficult hill that everyone takes slowly - and no one ever fell badly
(only lots of UPDs). I came off a 1´ ledge, and landed on packed dirt -
no problem. Then immediately, the tire sprang up with what seemed like
more energy than I put into the tire. I was airborne. I did not even
really try to catch myself because I couldnt believe I was falling - no
one had fallen before. I ended up with several scabs (shoulder, wrist,
both knees, ego)- and I still have traces of them. That day, I learned
to pedal quickly from that bounce and it is a lot of fun. It is similiar
to being able to continue pedaling when the wheel slips a 1/4 rotation.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com