Old October 6th 04, 11:58 PM
theGoat

Default So how was your Ride To Work Day?

cfsmtb Wrote:
Yes, share your story of the 2004 edition of RTWD, did you,

- Ride to work because it was an advertised BV event,
- Rode to work regardless of it being an advertised BV event,
- Got a bunch ride going via work/social contacts,
- Popped down to F(r)ed Square for free munchies & entertainment,
- Wanted to ride in but stuff got in the way or used the car/caugh
PT.
- Something else, please tell….

Ours started off with a trip down to Richmond Town Hall where Yarr
Council put on a Cyclists Brekkie & Brunswick Street Cycles had a stal
& work stand for minor repairs.

Partook in the usual social pleasantries by chatting away to loca
cyclists, council staff et al and did a well received presentation o
the Wonders of a AirZound2 (under the portico of the town hall, goo
acoustics!) Later cycled off to F(r)ed Square for a quick visit & cha
and then re-commenced ride to work.

Decided to take a short cut through Queen Vic Market, hit a tricky bi
of bluestone, tried to dab, but forgot one was clipped in. Duly fel
over & dented right knee. Ouch. Got to office, parked bike & starte
work as pod dweller.

Afternoon, happily reunited with bike, riding home up Queensberry
notice big plume of smoke up ahead. Get off bike, call partner, WTF? I
that near home? Yes, start riding home real fast; get to intersection o
Hoddle, fook, that’s really CLOSE. (Damn, freewheel is stuffing u
again, too tight after taking out spacer. Note, must go to LBS thi
weekend.) Get closer, phew, factory on corner of Mollison & Nicholson
Pedal along for a closer look, just like all the other resident
milling around. Hmm, spectacular. Get home, pat the cats & cuddle dawg
So, was your day as exciting as this?

Great ride in to work in the city in the morning.

**** ride home.

On the bike path along Yarra Blvd, crossing the rickety wooden sla
bridge rather than using the concrete footpath. Get to the end of th
brigde an see another cyclist coming straight at me on the wrong sid
of the path. He goes to his right (toward concrete path), then realise
he should be passing me on the other side so goes back to his left. M
seeing him going right tries to pass to his right and we collide hea
on, with me doing a Superman impersonation and landing on my chin. Fun

--
theGoat