Old January 10th 17, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Benderthe.evilrobot

Default Need advice on bottom bracket repair

wrote in message
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 11:43:16 AM UTC-8, Benderthe.evilrobot
wrote:
"Doug Landau" wrote in message
On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 9:55:19 AM UTC-8, David Scheidt wrote:
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

:I want to know why it works at least twice as good as the others on
:the list.

My experience is that it doesn't. That's just one of the reasons no
one puts it in a can and sells it commercially. I read the original
article, a long time ago, and as I recall the testing method was about
as scientfic as drawing lots.

Commercial penetrating oils are far superior.

Coca-cola?

Apparently it contains phosphoric acid - which is also an ingredient of
some
rust treatments.

The rust is chemically converted into iron phosphate - the end result
bears
some resemblance to the metal equivalent of polystyrene cement.

Where did you get the idea that Coca Cola contains any sort of phosphate?
Other than phosphate salts, most phosphate compounds are poisonous.

From the ingredients label.