Old January 15th 17, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

Default Need advice on bottom bracket repair

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 15:34:00 -0800 (PST),
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 4:49:30 PM UTC-5, Theodore Heise wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 08:58:29 -0800 (PST),
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 9:33:31 PM UTC-5, Theodore Heise wrote:

I have an early 1990s Rodriguez tandem with a rear bottom
bracket in serious need of overhaul. [...both cups stuck...]

Have you had any luck getting that cup off or looser?

Yep, I got the adjustable cup out just now, and am working on
the fixed. I posted a few more details elsethread.

Check Sheldon's Tool Tips again because he tells you whether to
tighten the inside or the outside of the bolt-nut tool.For what
it's worth I found that it took a lot of presure to tighten the
nut/bolt to the point where it'd unscrew the cup and when it did
it was a very sudden movement of the cup.

Good luck and cheers

Thanks, as I just noted elsethread, I've not been able to get the
assembly tight enough to move the fixed cup.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA