Old August 8th 03, 04:19 PM
Clive George

Default advice sought on bottom bracket

"Ian" wrote in message
Peter B must be edykated coz e writed:

"NC" wrote in message

So, seeking recommendations for either a sealed BB for taper cranks

with a
decent life expectancy on a road bike, or a source of quality cup, axle

and
ballrace sets.

Here's wot I use:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/v...ttom+Brackets&
ModelID=49

UN72 XT sealed unit for 16.99 squids, post free, a bargain sir.
113, 115 and 112mm in stock.

Pete

I would go for the Truvativ Isis Gigapipe with the 3 bearings.

going to be fun fitting this to a square taper crankset, isn't it?

Or something from Campagnolo.

Do campag still have different tapers to shimano?

FWIW I use UN52 on the tandem, since I can't get 72 in the size I want (I
run a 73mm shell BB in a 68mm shell in order to get the LHS sticking out
more. It works very well!)

cheers,
clive