Old March 11th 05, 04:05 PM
Ken

Bob Terrwilliger wrote in
:
I am in the market for a new bike. My current bike is almost 20 years
old . I am interested in carbon or ti. and there seems to be a lot of
info on carbon bikes.

A lot of the "info" you hear is really marketing hype to justify the lofty
prices of some of those bikes. Especially in the more moderate price ranges,
there is not much performance difference between bikes made from the
different popular materials. Some will handle differently from others, but
the differences are more because of geometry and tubing diameter and
componentry than because of frame material.