Old March 11th 05, 05:34 PM
Arthur Harris

"Bob Terrwilliger" wrote:

Well. I guess I didn't give enough detail. My current bike is a trek
1000 aluminum. It is a 56cm. I am 6'2" and 205 lbs.

OK, that's a good reason!

I guess at the
time I got it, I liked it. I dont know if I grew ( I do know my belly
has) but the bike just doesnt seem to fit. It seems small. And it
beats me to death. I want something that will fit. and something that
will help smooth out the rodes just a tad. And something that will
last me another 15-20 years.

You definitely need to get a properly sized bike. It's amazing that you're
doing the mileage you are with such a mismatched bike. I'm 6'3" / 195 pounds
and ride a 63 cm c-c frame. I don't think a light weight bike is going to
make much difference, but the right fit will.

As for frame materials, you might want to read Sheldon Brown's article on
the subject. See:

http://sheldonbrown.com/frame-materials.html

Tire width and inflation pressure have more effect on ride quality than
frame material. Make sure you get a bike that has enough clearance so that
your tire options aren't limited.

Good luck in your search.

Art Harris