Old April 19th 09, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

"Judith Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:30:54 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

snip

I can't see helmet compulsion for adults ever coming in. The cycling lobby
is huge and when under attack or when needs must, closes ranks and comes
together.

Wishful thinking my old fruit.

The public at large will see it as justice and penance for all those V
signs given out by cyclists, all those riding on the pavement, all
those "Get on the motorway", all those jumping through red lights, all
those ignoring pedestrian crossings, all those .......

I can't imagine drivers sitting there pouring money into the air in their
steel prisons secretly wishing to get their "revenge" by putting plastic
hats on cyclists' heads? Surely, they secretly wish we would get head
injuries if they hate us so much, so why would they be concerned for our
safety?

Attacks are usually along the lines of "make them pay road tax" and carry
number plates so plod can track them down like they do to car drivers. I've
read a lot of tiresome "lycra lout" articles in newspapers, but not one
Clarkson type has ever wished to *impose* plastic hats on us. They wish us
harm normally.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/