Old April 20th 09, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

Default The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:20:24 -0700 (PDT), PeterG
wrote:

snip

* * * * * *

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. *To take the "primary position" : *to ride a bike *in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

My brothers mate was down the pub when he was told about a cyclist who
was wearing a cycle helmet when he swerved off the road down a bank
and into some trees.
He was left hanging from the tree by his helmet strap for four hours &
nearly died.

PG

Bloody hell - someone down the pub only told me that same story last
night.

I wonder if it was the same cyclist?

Oh - hang on - it can't be - the one in the "story" I was told was
eaten by foxes.

Still - goes to show - you can be too careful.