Old April 21st 09, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark McNeill

Default The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

Response to Peter Clinch:

Are you familiar with the literal meaning of "toom tabard"? I've
wondered in the past if he isn't just trolling.

All I knew was it was a nickname for a former Scots king. Maybe I
should know something else?

It means "empty coat": a fine name for a certain type of Usenet poster,
I thought. I was reminded by the Emperor's New Clothes thing, toom
tabard being a sort of Emperor's New Clothes in reverse.

well meaning but due to an inability to tell the difference between
his own opinions and facts of far more limited use than he might
be.

He could certainly give more thought to his opinions. You could say he
might be of more use if he was a Reflective Tabard.

--
Mark, UK.