Old February 25th 19, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default AG: Not nohow, not no way

On 2/24/2019 7:37 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

Last time I checked, our highest gust of wind was 44 mph, about six
minutes before I started walking home from church.

Wasn't snowing much, but it hit my face pretty hard. I didn't get
chilled (I do know how to dress!) but DH could detect a difference
between my upwind ear and the other one when I asked him to feel them.

Weather Underground says that the wind will drop off in a fairly
straight line from Real Soon Now until midnight tomorrow, but I'm not
going anywhere by bike or by car. I might venture as far as the
compost heap on foot.

I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed to say I was out in it
on the bike.

I heard about several trees down within a mile. I hate driving such
short distances, plus the car might be unable to get past some blockage;
and since I was a bit underdressed, I'd have frozen if I walked.

So I used the bike, got suitably impressed by the power of nature, and
froze anyway - but for a shorter time.

--
- Frank Krygowski