Old April 18th 18, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

Default How critical is road bike tire pressure max?

On 18/04/2018 1:02 PM, Joerg wrote:
Just received some 25mm Vee Rubber road tires and it says 7bar 100psi
max on the side. That's a bit low for my taste.

The Zafiro I have on there now says 100psi min and 130psi max which is
more up my alley.

By how much can a low max rating be exceeded? I like 100-115psi on my
road bike in back. On the front I won't exceed the max because a
blow-out would be nasty and that carries less weight anyhow.

Are these both the same size tire? 100 psi sounds right for 25mm tires.
100 - 130 psi sounds like 23mm.