Old August 27th 07, 11:48 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,rec.bicycles.misc
DougC

Default Do bicyclists ever get arrested for drunk biking??

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
I never heard of it, but they ought to be. They're on the road too and
if drunk, pose a menace to others though not as big as if driving an SUV.

Generally, in the US--a police officer can cite anyone for operating any
type of vehicle unsafely on public roadways, and that can and does
include non-registered, non-motorized vehicles. And that covers riding
bicycles under the influence.

Right off I can recall news stories of a man being cited for driving a
riding lawnmower in the street while drinking, and another news story of
a man who was cited for pushing a motorcycle down the street (he had
come from a bar and admitted he was too drunk to drive).

----

Police can also cite someone for NOT operating a vehicle unsafely as
well--pedestrians impeding traffic.
~