Old August 27th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Default Do bicyclists ever get arrested for drunk biking??

Pneuma Pelosi wrote:

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 04:54:15 -0000, Bo Raxo wrote:

On Aug 26, 9:52 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
wrote:
I never heard of it, but they ought to be. They're on the road too and
if drunk, pose a menace to others though not as big as if driving an SUV.

Yes, they do. http://www.just****inggoogleit.com

I had a neighbor get arrested for it years ago in California. He protested
the arrest and charges, but the court would hear none of it.

Why didn't he argue that the statute says "Driving While Intoxicated" or
"Driving Under the Influence" and since you don't "drive" a bike, you
"ride" a bike, he was innocent? They'll point to case law where others
were charged and convicted for this so-called "driving" a bike while
drunk, but he could point out that no one used his novel defence, that
there was a time when blacks in America were legally slaves and that
this is a comparaable miscarrage of justice that warrants a Supreme
Court review. The court would then rightly charge him with its own made
up crime, Driving Judges Nuts in the Courtroom While Drunk. He would get
20 years to life in prison even if he'd only had "a couple of beers"
before breaking the law, which is exactly what all the DUI suspects
claim in "COPS".

--
"Throw me that lipstick, darling, I wanna redo my stigmata."

+-Jennifer Saunders, "Absolutely Fabulous"