Old August 27th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' )

Default Do bicyclists ever get arrested for drunk biking??

"_ Prof. Jonez _" wrote:

Bill Bonde ( 'Hi ho' ) wrote:
Pneuma Pelosi wrote:

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 04:54:15 -0000, Bo Raxo
wrote:

On Aug 26, 9:52 pm, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
wrote:
I never heard of it, but they ought to be. They're on the road
too and if drunk, pose a menace to others though not as big as if
driving an SUV.

Yes, they do. http://www.just****inggoogleit.com

I had a neighbor get arrested for it years ago in California. He
protested the arrest and charges, but the court would hear none of
it.

Why didn't he argue that the statute says "Driving While Intoxicated"
or "Driving Under the Influence" and since

Why don't you read the actual statute?

Because reading the actual statute wouldn't be half as much fun as
having a little fun with it.

snip

In Colorado, the DUI statute encompasses not only Cars and Trucks, but also
Bicycles, Motor Boats, and Horses ...

Yet it's called "DUI", which means that my argument is still valid. BTW,
you drive a car, a truck and a boat, right? Do you drive a horse? The
Amish should be allowed to get sloshed before going out and slowing
traffic. Wait, you can "drive" horses when you are trying to corral
them. The Amish wouldn't be allowed to do that while drunk under these
rules.

What prevents them from getting you for walking while intoxicated? How
about crawling? What about "being" while intoxicated? If "driving" can
mean what you do on a bike, it could be expanded to what Martin
Heidegger termed "Sein". I think a person charged with DUI should bring
this up in court.

--
"Throw me that lipstick, darling, I wanna redo my stigmata."

+-Jennifer Saunders, "Absolutely Fabulous"