Old June 27th 13, 06:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
I love Mike

Default Vandemann phd

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:59:35 AM UTC+12, Blackblade wrote:
EVERY Ph.D. in a science teaches the scientific method. DUH!

So why did you abandon it in favour of diatribe, ad-hominem and disingenuous logic ?

The scientific method is to postulate and test and tell the results as they are. Your approach is to decide the conclusion and then try and fit the evidence to that.

You're a disgraceful excuse for a scientist.

I don't think Vandeman would qualify as a serious scientist when it comes to the natural world or conservation biology. He is a psychologist. I laugh how he says because I have a phd I am therefore an expert in mountain biking and wildlife. This is like saying because I have a Phd in American history I am an expert on econometrics, engineering and medicine. Just because you have a phd doesn't make your opinion an expert one in every single field or discipline. In Vandeman's case as his phd is in psychology not wildlife biology or conservation he can't comment as an expert. I have noticed he tries to cover up his lack of credability by referring to his website and his so called "papers" (including that very old and short literature review), not answering the questions he is asked, using abusive language or trying divert attention away from the issue by promoting the pain and misfortune of those who have suffered serious mountain biking accidents. Pathetic but entertaining stuff.