Old June 21st 18, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default The Kochtopus Crushes Nashville Transit

Andre Jute wrote:
The Kochtopus Crushes Nashville Transit:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ville-transit/

Imagine my surprise: Poor people voted against astronomical sales tax, fat
people voted against limited availability of plus-size seating.

And the site actually almost contains a little bicycle tech content, check
out the wheelchair's tire!
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/talia-lavin-new-yorker-smears-war-veteran-justin-gaertner/

The Global Warming Faithful and other Clinton Voters had better stay
clear. Sample quote: "Even in Portland, Ore., where light rail is
considered a raging success, the system accounts for only 0.9 percent of
passenger miles traveled."

Gee, I wonder if a considerably higher "proportion of (inner-city) trips
traveled" wouldn't look as attractive as 0.x in promoting the journo's argument.

Andre Jute Don't shoot the piano player; I was a liberal before you were
born.

And what kind of financing would you propose to have Portland's vital
trans-Lycabettus bicycling arteries "re"paved after Jay convincingly
demonstrated that they resemble, in their current state, crumbling, yet
polished, moss-turtle infested ruins?

--
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Df-dB5-XUAAzqCY.jpg