Old August 13th 18, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Homemade U-lock rack support

On 2018-08-13 08:27, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Frank Krygowski, 2018-08-13 17:11+0200:
Nice. If the appearance was bothersome, you could use a black tube held
in place with black zip ties.

Black tube, yes, if I can find some, but I only ever saw white tube in
hardware stores. Black zip ties, no, bad idea, as they let the tube
slide on the sides. I would rather use some black tape.

Zip ties are also bad in terms of reliability. It seems UV rays
embrittle them and then they just fall off. A while ago I chased and
stopped an MTB rider whose rear brake hose had come loose because of
that and was chafing on the rear wheel. Luckily I always have a snippet
of wire in my tool kit. Zip ties, too, but those only for temporary fixes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/