Old November 20th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Default long neck?

SHAY_CAM;1134248 wrote:
Yeah, if it were to stap i would think it would be near the seatpost
clamp area.

Now, why would you think that? The neck is effectively
double-thickness near the seatpost clamp, due to the seat post being
inside the neck at that point.

Furthermore, the axis of rotation for any forces applied to the seat
would be where the neck meets the frame, just above the tire.

'There is' (http://tinyurl.com/6nbklq) 'much'
(http://tinyurl.com/65m226) 'evidence' (http://tinyurl.com/5hepvf) 'that
illustrates' (http://tinyurl.com/6qtb5u) 'this phenomenon'
(http://tinyurl.com/6fdxoh), and not much, if any, that supports your
claim.

So, can you explain your theory? There may be some merit to it, after
all...

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire