Old December 5th 17, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Chain Reaction closes Los Altos store.

On 2017-12-03 14:34, jbeattie wrote:

What is causing this bike market downturn?

It MUST be fake news! You, Joerg, have assured us that by
building bike trails we'd get millions of Americans to give up
their cars forever. And every year, more segregated kiddy paths
have been built. Some cities have doubled their bike mode share,
all the way from 0.2% to 0.4%! That's like a 100% increase!

Sure it is, and for America that is quite big. Weren't you the guy
always touting the health benefits? Calculate the health Dollars
saved here.

So I'm not going to believe any biased communist industry data. I
_know_ bike sales have skyrocketed! Those bike dealers are not
reporting sales so they can cheat on their taxes.

We were talking about the Silicon Valley. I can imagine that
cycling down there isn't exactly fun. Up here in the Sierra
foothills bike sales are brisk. Else successes such as these would
not happen:

You're f****** nuts.

Man, you have a fuse almost as short as that of El Presidente :-)

... SCV has some of the best riding in the state.
Ever climbed Mt. Hamilton?
http://www.bikecal.com/MustDoClimbs/...tHamilton1.jpg The Santa
Cruz mountains?
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5d/51/71/5...u-are-here.jpg

That's not what we consider best riding out here. This is what we
consider best riding:

https://cdn-files.apstatic.com/mtb/7...1437192781.jpg

This is real life in the Bay Area:

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/34/07/22.../1024x1024.jpg

And no thanks, I'll never want to live there.

Out to the coast? Old LaHonda to the coast was awesome.
https://www.southbayriders.com/forum...hments/172370/ I still
miss that. I miss Hamilton except for the crack seal. I finished
first in the Mt. Hamilton Challenge (200K/10K climbing) -- that was
a great day.

Congratulations. I never participated in a race and never will. Not my
cuppa tea. I am also not the top notch sports guy like you are.

All these places beat the **** out of Cameron Park.

They sure do not.

... The SCV also has
a strong cycling community -- at least it did when I was there.
Remember Tom Ritchey, Keith Bontrager? -- Jim Blackburn (Blackburn),
Jim Gentes (Giro), Mike Sinyard (Specialized), Rock Shockm( in '90s),
etc., etc. Wake up and smell the coffee. The SCV was the
belly-button of the bike industry and has some spectacular cycling.

I am not into famous people, they don't matter much to me. What I want
is pristine nature, preferably no motor-vehicle traffic and the
occasional river access. A brewpub here and there can't hurt.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/