Old December 16th 17, 07:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

Cheers

Typical non-user juvenile slander nonsense. Iirc you've acted like that juvenile shiner at me before. Why don't you try one?
If you back off your predisposition to attack me and agree to deal straight, I'll offer you the same money back as I offered someone else on this list if they really didn't like the light. But they still have it and, last I heard, they're still happy with it.
Meet me for a ride and try one out.

Don't care about my customers?
Yes, of course, that customer got a free no-fault replacement no questions asked, taking his word at face value despite knowing there's no way that can happen, shipped immediately without me waiting for his first light to come back.
Would you still argue that's not caring about customers?
In case there was a slim chance he had a thermal shock, I tested four heatsinks from 160C in an oven straight to 10C in a freezer. Twice as hot as the light ever gets at the higher thermal dimming setting, shocked into 10C colder than he say he rode the light in.
No measurable deformation, no cracks.
The he got his replacement before I got his first one back. He complained online that the front edge was damaged or broken or something, didn't bother to ask first to find out that I used a body from a 3000 that I trim the leading edge down, both for a different look and that it cools better when moving. Then he gets why, but leaves his complaint to fester and pass on to increasing levels of personal attacks against me instead of admitting he was wrong.
Civil normal customer would ask why it looks different, say he doesn't like it, and I would send him another replacement with the normal 1800Ultra style body. Some people like the facet machined front edge instead of the squared 'hood scoop' shape.
Then he declares that the light can't be used in water because he doesn't like what something else looks like on the outside. But its the same as his first one and every other one made. So I retested and sent him a picture of a light sitting in tap water for three hours, still lit. Along with knowing that no Oculus Light user has ever had a failure during all the road testing by carless commuters and RAAM racers in storms for hours on end..
Then he declares its no good in the rain anyway regardless what I show him because of his sweat and road salt and I tell him he's got a lifetime warranty against anything anyway and I'll replace the light again is something does go wrong in normal use regardless of weather.
But he rejects everything and keeps attacking me online.
Someone else posted asking him for beam pictures, but he refused, claiming he was done and didn't want anything else to do with it, with more personal attacks.
Then he posted a picture of the optics, with a mostly false description of what each piece is, and no description of the optical configuration of each element with respect to each other element.
So I cut him off, and I didn't bother responding to his intensified online attacks.
Then I called him a few days ago and offered him his money back if he sends back the light that he still doesn't like.
But he refuses that too, declares that he doesn't know where it it, its making the rounds of other bike light companies. Except I know that the top few companies already have dissected my light, two are on NDA, I'm designing a light for one of them, and the other has their own custom optics for what I would call the best usable visibility for under $40 in a small single LED light currently made.
He knew where he sent it because that place told me.

The only way you give a disgruntled customer like that credibility is if you're already a sucker for a good story regardless of fact.

With your facts straight, do you still claim I don't care about my customers or that I go way out of my way with time and resources that sole operator shouldn't have the time to put into, to satisfy them however possible? How many hours and how many attempts to answer his complaints, all shoved back in my face no matter what I do and how far I try?

The bottom 2% of any customer base should be cut off. He's a disgruntled unsatisfiable customer who set out intending to make excuses to declare that my light is no good, and that's what he went after no matter what.
I gaven him the time of day three times over, and he kept ****ing on me.

Would you get Night Rider ot L&M to give a replacement at all without getting the first light back? Then after they would have got the light back and seen that the customer ****ed it up? His light would be sitting at their shop with him refusing to pay return shipping.

Who's private phone number?
Francis gives his number out and its publicly posted in several places.
Tell Francis to stop doing pay for play reviews and stop attacking serious competition to his big sponsors.
Any other slander you want to get first hand facts about?
Oh yeah, that Kickstarter backer had his account cancelled and permanently banned, and they wrote me confirming that that guy's claims had no basis. Will you continue arguing otherwise just because someone claimed third hand on the internet instead of getting your facts straight first hand.?

If there's anything else you still need to get your facts straight on then call the office at (323) 487-2002 and I'll take you through it. Anyone else too.