Old January 21st 04, 03:05 PM
Simon Brooke

Default Today's news

"Richard Goodman" writes:

Meanwhile, the Evening Standard has a sob-story piece on more drivers being
jailed than burglars...

http://www.metro.co.uk/metro/standar...4&in_page_id=1

I should hope so too. Motorists do more harm than burglars. The
incidence of people being injured or killed by burglars is pretty low.

And finally, a colleague has bought a new bike. While not wishing in any
way to deride this noble accomplishment, indeed she has been cycling to work
for a lot longer than I have, I think the description "light weight frame"
may well be a false description under the Trade Descriptions Act! It
doesn't half weigh a lot ;-)

http://www.giant-bicycle.com/uk/030....=78&model=9859

Well, it is a giant bike.

Windows 95:
You, you, you! You make a grown man cry...
M. Jagger/K. Richards