Old January 22nd 04, 12:13 PM
stupot

Default Today's news

Read medialens and you will see what the papers are upto.

Thomas wrote:
"Richard Goodman" wrote in message
s.com...

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Richard Goodman wrote:

According to the Metro, private security guards and street wardens are

going

to be licenced & empowered to impose £30 fines on pavement cyclists...

Don't have any particular problem with that. It's dangerous and
illegal, better not to do it.

I agree that it's dangerous and illegal and better not to do it. However
the idea of criminal law enforcement by private companies does worry me
somewhat. I also wonder how many they'll be able to catch if they're on
foot and the offenders don't stop?

Scary, but it's already happening and has been for some time. Just think of
Group 4 and the prisons, sell out of customs & excise property to companies
based in tax havens... this Government's thoroughly corrupt and yet, God
only knows why (hello Mr. Murdoch) the papers don't give a ****.

Must admit, I was also wondering how fit the enforcers would be - surely
even I could out-cycle 'em :-)

Tom.