Old December 13th 03, 05:24 AM
Jeff

Default ok to eat junk food?

Minimize the junk food.

Eat lots of fruit. Eat lots of vegetables. Eat potatos and whole grains for
carbs. Eat beans and oatmeal for fiber. Eat fish and poultry for protein
unless you are vegetarian. If you are vegetarian, I can't tell you
specifics, but I know many people live long happy lives as vegetarians.

Exercise at least thirty minutes three times per week. Cycling is wonderful
exercise.

I know I'll get flamed, or at least this will become a long tortured thread.
But the more I read about nutrition, the more ideas converge into the simple
advice above.

And I enjoy the occasional bag of Cheetos or Fritos.

"wle" wrote in message
om...
say you ride, oh, 26 miles a day.

according to some calculations, that would be roughly 1300 calories
needed just to power the bike.

is it ok to eat what would normally be considered junk food,
to get these calories?