Old June 29th 04, 01:29 PM
Gman

Default truvativ stylo ss

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:23:17 -0400, Alvin Liau wrote:
Any thoughts on the truvativ stylo ss crankset, in the 180mm length? I
currently run a 180mm-xtr-standapter-spider-thingy but the lockring loosens
too easily.

Cheers,
Alvin Liau

Alvin,

I run the 180mm Stylo on my Surly:
http://www.geocities.com/glaprade/Surly/

I'm a big guy (220) and I've had good luck so far. However,
the bike isn't quite a year old yet, and I haven't ridden it
as much as I'd like.

I DO climb pretty steep stuff with it, and get it airborne a
fair bit so I would hazard a guess that I'm reasonably hard
on the drivetrain.

I originally wanted some RF cranks, but these were a lot
cheaper and easier for my LBS to find in 180mm.

Gman