Old July 2nd 04, 02:59 PM
Gman

Default truvativ stylo ss

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:27:01 GMT, (Pete Cresswell) wrote:
RE/
Any thoughts on the truvativ stylo ss crankset, in the 180mm length? I
currently run a 180mm-xtr-standapter-spider-thingy but the lockring loosens
too easily.

I'm about 220, been trying to learn to bunny hop since day one (with little
success, but I keep trying every so often...and that must be hell on cranks).

I broke my first set.

Now they've upgraded the material and the replacement has held up for over a
year.

Only gripe I have is that the the bolts that hold them on the splined shaft are
kind of cheesey - so if you don't get the allen key in all the way you can trash
the bolt.

After this thread I went back and re-read some of the MTBR
reviews... Dudes are snapping these things like twigs!

Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy, but if yours are still goin'
strong Pete, maybe I got the "later/stronger" version (got
mine in Aug '03).

I seem to remember the webcyclery.com guys giving me the
same story as Pete when I was specing my bike (that Truvativ
had strengthened the cranks after early probs).

Meebee it's time to budget two and a half for some RF
Tubines...