Old September 24th 09, 01:53 AM posted to alt.scooter,alt.scooter.classic,la.transportation,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.motorcycles
SoCalMike

Default Scooter route - Murrieta/Temecula to South Orange County California

William R. Cousert wrote:

"little man upon the stair" wrote in message
On Aug 21, 11:30�am, "William R. Cousert"
wrote:

I have a few options

1. Ortega Highway
2 Tenaja Road
3. Black Star Canyon Road
4. Basilone Road (a little longer)

Is this a troll? Tenaja Road and Black Star Canyon Road probably
aren't even paved, they are fire roads through the national forest.

http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/

I never heard of them before. I did a search on Google Maps and those
were the possible routes from Murrieta/Temecula to Orange County.

I'd like to know why Google offered them as alternatives if they're
unpaved fire roads.

because google is a computer mapping program. as with any GPS disclaimer
im sure theres something said about "roads may not be useable or in
service- please use good judgement and common sense"

id drive whatever route first a few times in a car to get an idea of top
speed and technical parts, like curves, hills, and what other traffic
usually travels those roads at that time of day.

ive always wanted to try ortega, but i keep putting it off. im sure it
would be great fun on a TMax.