Old September 14th 03, 03:45 PM
Super Slinky

Default newbie... new bike.... updated. (help post)

nodriver said...

I've managed to narrow down my search a little bit...

Here are some bikes I have in mind.

Cannondale Jekyl 600 (
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/03/cusa/model-3VN6.html

Giant XTC NRS 2 ( http://www.giant-bicycle.com/us/030....07&model=10644
)

Giant XTC NRS 3 (cause it's cheaper... like.. $400 cheaper)

K2 Tirade 4.0 ( http://www.k2bikes.com/03products/mountain/tirade_4.asp
)

Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0 (
http://www.jamisbikes.com/bikes/03_2dakar_xlt1.html )

Any of your thoughts would be helpful...

Thank you.

$1,000 to $1,500 budget.

Get the Jamis. Good parts that are built to be used. The Fox fork blows
away the offerings on the other bikes listed. The Hayes hydraulics are
very cool. The NRS bikes are race oriented ultra-light jobs that will
ride comparatively harsh and won't take as much abuse. The K2 is a heavy
pig with mediocre parts.