Old September 15th 03, 01:33 AM
Westie

Default newbie... new bike.... updated. (help post)

"nodriver" wrote in message
om...
I've managed to narrow down my search a little bit...

Here are some bikes I have in mind.
Giant XTC NRS 2

I've got one going cheap.....
--
Westie

Seriously though, I can recommend the NRS2 although I, personally, don't
like the mech disc brakes on it. Perhaps you could get the them swapped for
Avids (as I hear people are satisfied with Avid mechs) at low or nil cost to
yourself?
It's a XC bike though so while you can do reasonable drops and plenty of
rough stuff, forget about big drops or throwing yourself off mountains. The
Jamis would be better for that. But it's heavier and consequently will be a
bit harder and slower on the level and uphill. What style of riding do you
expect you'll be doing? What sort of distances? What type of terrain?
I've had my NRS for a while and thrown quite a bit at it and it's generally
been very reliable, tough and well built.

--
Westie
Just don't drive a 4WD over it. sob