Old September 1st 18, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dave[_3_]

Default Seen In The Flesh...

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 18:20:32 +0200, Sepp Ruf wrote:

dave wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 21:27:07 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

On 08/27/2018 05:02 PM, dave wrote:

Oh also if you unfortunately get the front sandwiched between a
Mercedes Vito side panel and a Renault Clio front wing the frame is
actually entertainingly stronger than either.

ROFLMAO! I do believe I've just wet myself :-)

We need more details...

Standard right hook scenario only not a junction. Mercedes tourist
transporter decided he needed fags or something from the newsagents.

He

https://www.google.com/maps/

@36.8525049,30.6171773,3a,90y,258.88h,92.9t/
data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3DCz8vnKkFCy2qfMXTiIAA!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

goo.gl/xTr7RM

The cops then asked me why I wasn't on the bike path. Bike path? I
asked.
Over there. (Points at pavement.) That's not a bike path and it's full
of pedestrians.

Got to love that turtle-like, traffic-calming device placed eight
pavement bricks in front of supposed "bike path" crossing with 16. Sk.!
Or is it really a parking space divider?

What the white Audi. I thought Audi drivers were a global phenomenon.

Cop's not amused. Foreigners immune to his god like powers of copdom
are not usual. I asked him exactly which law says bikes have to be on
the pavement. He had no idea at all.(Probably because there isn't one)

I searched for the text of a Turkish Road Code regulation online, but
could not find one. Seems like bicycles are not allowed speeds beyond
30 km/h in cities, 50 outside. Has anyone seen a link to the real
thing?

Regulation is mostly done by having roadblocks where the police check car
documents. These are all handily published in the paper so if your car is
not papered up properly you can avoid the cops.

Rules here.

http://www.kgm.gov.tr/sayfalar/kgm/s...tmelikler.aspx

Good luck with that. Auto translate will mangle it up badly.
--
davethedave