Old April 1st 09, 01:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Default I get 3 miles per banana, do you?

In article ,
"Leo Lichtman" writes:
From an environmental standpoint, is it better to ride your bike to the
store, eat a banana, and ride home, or to carry the banana home and then eat
it? ;-)

As long as the peel is retained (and the banana
is duly paid for.) It might be amusing to try to
purchase a single banana.

Rose bushes seem to like a mixture of shredded banana
peels and crushed eggshells dug in around them.

But I think it's okay to ride to the Dairy Queen for
a banana split, and let DQ deal with the peel while
we deal with the calories. The crows will probably
pick it (the banana peel) out of the dumpster behind
the building anyways. Crows gotta live, too.

Personally I'm no afficionado of oily fruits like
bananas and avocados. Except for olives. Olives
are lovely. I confess to being an olive addict.
Queens, manzanillas, kalamatas &c -- they're all good.

I dunno how many miles one should expect per olive.

I get about 25 km per 1-cup serving of quick-cooking
Quaker[tm] oats. And oatmeal doesn't go through me
like prune juice through a goose, like too many
bananas do.

I think I derive more enjoyment from a decadent
banana split than from some hippie-swill, laxative
smoothie.

Other people's tastes & preferences may vary,
and I maintain no contention with that.

Whatever turns our cranks.

cheers,
Tom