Old September 3rd 03, 09:23 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Lance Armstrong's mother promotes federal funding of bike/ped accommodations

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:19:16 GMT, Dave Jackson
wrote:
the 1960s more than 60% of American kids walked or rode their bikes to
school. Today that figure is down to only 13%.

13% ! And we wonder why there are so many fat kids these days.

When I was a child in grade school, I lived no more
than 1/2 mile (probably less) from the school, and
really, really wanted to walk or bicycle. I wasn't
allowed to, because there is only sidewalk for the
last 100 feet or so.

I really, really hated taking the bus. The other
bus riders were terrible, mean people; and I either
had to get up early to get on the bus really early,
or wait until the bus is full and comes out of a
side street near my house, then get on and have a
hell of a time finding a seat.

I was not allowed to walk/bike. Bummer!

Dave in Minnesota

--