Old February 27th 18, 05:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Clear roads and I didn't ride today

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 09:11:14 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I don't think I'll bother to look at Arthur, but go straight to Husky
Trail. It has been completely redone since it last terrified me --
but they put in curbs and didn't make it any wider

No extra space at the sides, but *lots* in the middle. There are
left-turn lanes and striped pavement right to the end of the sidewalk.
Luckily, the curbs also end here.

And a downslope steep enough that I can make a reasonable
approximation of keeping up with traffic begins where the left-turn
lanes end. Momentum took me pretty far up the subsequent hill before
I had to pull off -- no curbs! -- to let traffic by. I pulled off in
front of a mailbox, then dismounted and walked the rest of the way.
The space between the road and the ditch was very narrow -- looked
even worse on the other side, but that could have been the angle of
view -- and I suspected that it wouldn't be mowed very often next
summer. Once a year suffices to keep trees from growing.

It wasn't far to the intersection, so Husky Trail was a quite
reasonable way to get to Anchorage Road, but I don't think I'd like to
do it in the other direction.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net