Old September 1st 18, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Roof Racks

On Friday, August 31, 2018 at 2:04:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I contacted Yakima about a rack for my Ford Taurus. Only 14 years old and they don't make a rack to fit it.

When we bought our 2014 Mazda, I was able to modify an old roof rack to fit.
The key step was learning where the car's hard attachment points were. I peeled
up the two longitudinal plastic trim strips that run down the sides of the roof.
There were two 6mm female threaded holes on each side. I drilled holes in the
feet of the old rack and screwed it down. I wonder if you can do something
similar.

I actually take it off the car each time we're done with it, because I have
to do lots of freeway driving these days. It goes on and off easily.

- Frank Krygowski