Old October 23rd 17, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Lithium Ion vs NiMh battery

On 10/22/2017 5:06 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/22/2017 3:51 PM, James wrote:
On 22/10/17 11:31, Oculus Lights wrote:
Here's my source for Panasonic 18650 LI cells:
https://liionwholesale.com/?refer1=a...RoCFkgQAvD_BwE

Â*Support a good American distributor selling tested and
verified
batteries, at competitive prices even for small
quantities.Â* They
also sell the 6 cell LUC brand charger and 4 bay Opus
analyzer/charger.

These test out in my Opus tester/charger at 3500+mAH in
both charging
and discharging.Â* I test charging at 2A and drain at
1A,the Opus'
limit.Â* Burn time in the light is measured at each step
from 9A max
(in the 3000Extreme) down to 70mA.

My 26650 come in large quantities through a direct rep
from Heter, a
humongous scale better maker in China who makes many cells
for other
big brand name electronic companies, who are considered to
make their
own, but don't. Minimum quantities in the 1000 lot size
for the
measured 5500mAH unbranded ones I get for the Oculus
lights and sell
competitively versus the Chinesium crap.Â* Maybe ~1 in 100
might not
be up to spec, and only two out of 1000 have been DOA.
The blue
Tenergy brand 26650, unchipped, sold in Fry's, with a
black seal
around the + end contact, are likely the same but at Fry's
much
higher retail price, but never know the true capacity without
testing, draining, recharging, repeatedly for at least a
hundred
cycles.Â* Another problem with Chinesium is that they tend
not to last
nearly as many charge cycles as authentic first quality
batteries,
regardless of the capacity when allegedly new.Â* That
versus one of
the Heter's I've been charging and draining almost daily
since
February, that still test charges at 5500mAH.

The battery for my light went flat the other day so I ate a
banana, drank some water, and it was recharged.

(Dynamo users humour)

+1
(fellow meat-power vehicle rider)

+2, unless we're counting dynamos instead of riders. I think I'd be
about +5 or +6 then.

--
- Frank Krygowski