Old July 13th 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Trying to avoid Climate Catastrophe? Ride a Bike!

On Jul 11, 1:08*pm, Opus wrote:
On Jul 10, 2:36 pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:snip

Whoever said, "FREEDOM IS RIDING A BIKE!"? Well, it's not voting for
the old politics...

I think you just hit the nail on the head. And created the slogan for
the next revolution "Freedom Is Riding My Bicycle". C'mmdt. Banana you
have given me the topic for an extended blog post.
opusthepoet.wordpress.com

Hey Opus, it almost reads like my "Welcome to the Jungle... if you
dare!"

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Witch on a BicycleFront Page About Opus Another quiet Feed
July 12, 2009 · 1 Comment
Ahh, Sunday! the day when the Feed is normally at it’s quietest. There
are fewer reports of death and dismemberment but more politics a word
derived from poly meaning many and tics meaning bloodsuckers, AKA many
little bloodsuckers. I kid, somewhat.

First up is a strange wreck of an experienced transportational
cyclist. Police say longtime cyclist and advocate for using bicycles
killed in Cary collision and Cyclist Dies After Getting Hit By Car
also Bicyclist killed in accident This is so strange, I just can’t see
this guy getting killed unless the other vehicle was trying to beat
the red light while he was making his left turn on the yellow.

A wreck that was a cross between the Council head on crash from last
year and the drunk driver trying to take out cyclists a few weeks ago.
1 Dead, 2 injured in car-bike accident According to a person claiming
to be a witness to the wreck the driver went across 2 lanes of traffic
and onto the opposite shoulder to hit the 3 cyclists and then back to
his side of the road to where he was stopped later. This is not a
wreck you can avoid with anything other than luck. I’m sorry but the
mode and the closing speed makes this the kind of wreck that Juno
Fortuna decides the outcome. And if you don’t know Juno Fortuna,
Google it.

An OH cyclist is mugged for being a cyclist. Another cyclist attacked
in Toledo They spit on him and then stopped the car and beat him up,
and didn’t even bother to rob him. I would say that comes about as
close to a hate crime against a cyclist as I have ever seen.

And in VA a report on the cyclist rally to reduce the speed limit on a
very dangerous road. Cyclists rally, calling for safer Shore Drive If
you think this headline is familiar they used it for the pre-rally
story from earlier this week. Notice the comments of the entitled car-
heads complaining about how entitled the cyclists are acting, irony
being lost on them.

And that’s all I have today.

Billed @$.02, Opus