Old September 14th 12, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default What to Wear

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 23:15:11 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I just pin my slacks with large safety pins, ones about 2" long. Unlike
metal pants clips, velcro straps, rubber bands or any of the rest, they
never slip loose.

If I merely pin them at the ankles, they drag on my knees. So I also
wrap a piece of twill tape around twice just under the knee and tie a
bow; this keeps the pants smooth at the shins and puffy above the
string.

I used to use a shorter tape and wrap just once, but I sometimes had
to pull the puffs back up; with the garter wrapped twice, the ease
stays were I put it until I untie the tape.

It was a pleasant trip, though a bit too sunny for the trip back;
I look decidedly queer in my spouse's wrap-around sunglasses. Alas, I
didn't find a reflective surface after I went outside put my helmet
on.

Went by car for today's unrelated appointment. I don't bike fasting.
--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net