Old October 10th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.off-road
Dion Dock

Default Disk Brakes vs. V Brakes??

When I showed her that the (later found to be
well oiled) disk didn't stop the bike, she said 'Oh. Eh? Uh?'
So monkeys or Neanderthals are definitely a possibility in that store.
But the bike is on sale, so I might still buy there. Uh. Uh. Uh. I

I would strongly suggest you _run_ from a shop that is trying to sell a bike
with oiled braking surfaces. What else have they mis-assembled?

If you have to pay someone to get the bike to work, you're going to lose any
money you would save from their "sale" price. If you can do all the work
yourself, you don't need answers from rec.bicycles.tech.

-Dion